trip2befree

trip2befree

lunedì 28 dicembre 2015

BAGAN (Myanmar)


Captain's Log-date astral Burmese 2014-

Here I am on the second day of the town of Nyaung U Bagan.

Describe it, without being affected by an impact so retro, it is impossible !!
The chaotic streets and busy Yangon are replaced by dusty gravel roads and chaotic and few cars are replaced by carts pulled by oxen or horses; night appears not lit streets if not the signs of shops or restaurants. ..sembrerebbe being catapulted into a sort of Far West Asian !!!
Then everything seems to wake up at dawn by magic shadows and the area appears in all its extraordinary magnificence !!


I rented an electric scooter and I ventured to the roads and country lanes, losing between temples, pagodas, monasteries and Buddhist Stupa ... then jumped up on one of them and I realize the exceptional nature of the place where they are!


My eyes and my mouth still wide open at the sight of what I realize I have discovered: anywhere on the horizon, thousands and thousands of pyramidal and conical spiers peeking above the treetops ... an area of ​​about 60 km square teeming with more than 3000 temples !!! my watch fails to contain such a wealth architectural, historical and religious!
This will, in the future, certainly one of the wonders of the world, still unexplored, but promising to rise in its history, like the Egyptian pyramids or the Great Wall of China as an extraordinary heritage of 'Humanity! !!


lose myself in the dirt roads that crisscross the temples and stupas and suddenly, out of the beaten track, I run a small temple with an inside a magnificent Buddha in lotus position in blessing the earth ... a surreal silence .. .. and I just ... I fall into a deep state of meditation .....



I take the path visiting other ancient sites and precious, with statues of Buddha, very high, and forged in fine wood or covered in gold ... incredibly ancient and magically arrive intact to this day. .


Really, I can not describe how many emotions have occurred on a day so intense, but I assure you that even the ruins of Ankor I was so excited!

I end the day with a magnificent sunset on the river Yarwaddy Aye, second in size only after the Mekong ...


I come back exhausted, but still and always smiling and only now I realize that here my days begin with a smile and end with a smile!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento